Re: [Xen-users] Disk-I/O Performance DomU vs Dom0

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Joseph Glanville
<joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you want really good I/O performance because it's important for
> your workload I would highly recommend using a more recent 3.2 dom0
> kernel.
> I understand this is not practical for some that need to use
> "Enterprise" distros but that is the price you pay for using old
> kernels.

Some "enterprise" distros and their kernel version:
- Oracle Linux 5/6: 3.0.x (when using kernel UEK2). Should be
installabe on RHEL/centos as well, but you won't get the support
(obviously)
- SLES11 SP2: 3.0.10
- Ubuntu 11.04 (when it's released): 3.2.x

> Debian Squeeze with 2.6.32 is incredibly stable and I would recommend
> leaving it alone if that's what matters to you most.

Judging from the mails to this list from debian users, I wouldn't
recommend using their built-in xen+kernel packages. Period.

--
Fajar