Re: [Xen-users] Unable to boot installation ISO

On 4 April 2012 17:20, Jean-Francois Couture <jfcouture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> because I need a OS to boot on to make the chroot. When the miimal is
> booted, then i make the install in a choot environnement ;)
Excuse me, but I also have XEN installed on my Gentoo Linux, and what I
do to setup a Gentoo domU, is to create the .img file using dd, and format
it. Then I can mount such .img file in loop and perform the chroot after
uncompressing the stage3 tarball. No need to use the cd-rom or the cd-rom
ISO at all.
I think that if you have XEN dom0 running you can do the chroot into the
loop file/device. Or maybe I didn't understand correctly what's your problem.
If so, please excuse me.

Cheers,

--
Flavio