Re: [Xen-users] Working 10gig NICs on linux 3.x

Hello All,

I also want a 1-Gig SR-IOV NIC for my system (intel i7), which works with Xen4.0 and OpenSUSE 11.4. Can you please suggest one.

----------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Mohit DhingraÂ
+919611190435

On 1 April 2012 08:40, Joseph Glanville <joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30 March 2012 09:46, Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> definitely go Intel X520 (DA2 or SR1/2)

+1 For Intel NICs.
Also Mellanox are great for this sort of stuff.

IMO Intel NICs have the best support for SR-IOV which might come in
handy if you want to reach line-rate on your guests.

> Br
>
> Peter
>
> Dne 28. bÅezna 2012 10:06 Kristoffer Harthing Egefelt <k@xxxxxxx> napsal(a):
>> I want to buy a working 10G NIC for use with linux 3.x. (and xen of course)
>>
>> If you have any experience with certain cards (broadcom, intel etc..) I'd
>> really like to know about it.
>>
>> *Not working:*
>> Qlogic QME8242-k 10GbE Dual Port Mezzanine Card Board
>>
>> --

Joseph.

--
Founder | Director | VP Research