Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] [REQUEST] Request for Xen Users to Attempt Jean David Techer's Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 05:29:01PM -0400, Casey DeLorme wrote:
>    David,
>    XenServer VGA Passthrough requires a paid/licensed copy, which costs
>    $2500, a bit out of my price range for experimentation.  Important to note
>    that the feature is not a part of the 30-day trial license.

Afaik XenServer only supports GPU passthru with certain "pro" GPUs - not
consumer models.

>    However, Citrix recently visited my college and I was able to preview
>    hardware access on a laptop one of the employees had, where they swapped
>    between Ubuntu and Windows with a hotkey, and various hardware components
>    including onboard GPU and the WebCam were accessible.

And here you're talking about XenClient, which is a totally separate product
for laptops.
XenClient does a lot of tricks to share the (consumer) GPU between VMs,
including the V4V framework to copy GPU data between VMs.

-- Pasi