[Xen-users] cannot use xensocket on xen4.0.1

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: summerxyt <summerxyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:28:01 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:29:19 +0000

Hi,

I want to use shared memory to communicate with two DomUs, and so I download a
revised version of xensocket. The original version uses out-dated API and
cannot run on current version of Xen. However, even with this new one, the
simple test of send and recieve still doesn't work.

Here is my VMID;

    [root@localhost ~]# xm list
    Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
    Domain-0                                     0   728     2     r-----
54885.2
    test1                                       46   512     1     -b----
25.9
    test2                                            512     1
0.0
    test3                                       47   512     1     -b----
22.4
    ubuntu                                      45   256     1     --p---
32.0

Just as the README of xensocket says, I have insmode the xensocket.ko in both
test1(ID:46) and test3(ID:47). And then I run the code on test1 like this:

   test/recieve 47 ,

The error message showes like this:

   server_allocate_event_channel: line 396: Unable to allocate event channel
   Exiting (ERROR) server_allocate_event_channel
   Exiting (ERROR) xen_bind

and I try to see what's wrong in server_allocate_event_channel, finding the
macro DOMID_SELF returns other number instead of 46.
Even I manully replace
   op.u.alloc_unbound.dom = DOMID_SELF
with
   op.u.alloc_unbound.dom = 46
but it still failes, showing the same error message.

I really need help with this problem. Or are there some examples or simple
methods of how to communicate between DomUs using shared memory? Thanks!