Re: [Xen-users] xl memory bug

I use ssh so it dies and system reboots just fine. Xm does not habe any issues allocati.g memory but it no longer being used. What is realy strange that now is taking wrong memory xl was never able to make use of all free memory on number of systems but now it does not check for lack of free memory on dom0 and just takes it before I would get error that there is not enough memory

On Mar 28, 2012 8:53 AM, "Casey DeLorme" <cdelorme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does your xl/xm dmesg state anything about the memory maps being used?  I wonder if it is related to the EFI memory bug I've run into with the e801 & e820 maps.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28 March 2012 15:19, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have Dell 860 with 8GB of memory I am running xen unstable 4.2 and
> 3.3.0-rc7 with most recent version I see strange issue I am running two
> server 2008 each gets 3 GB of ram xl info shows 1.5 GB now I am attempting
> to start Linux install running hvm with 512 memory it crashes domO . I have
> 512 allocated to domO but free shoes that 343 was assigned after starring
> two instances. Where is the memory going to.
Hey!

this seems related to a problem I've reported many months ago.
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2011-12/msg00069.html

I would like to know how is the state of the fix process, as regard this
issue.

--
Flavio