Re: [Xen-users] ip autoconfig via DIY script

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Mark Pryor <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do I really need this hack?
>
> I have a PV xen 4.1 domU. I want to use IP auto config.
>
> In my xm config, I insert
> ------------------- xm config ----------
>
> ip='10.0.2.5'
> gateway='10.0.2.2'

Depends on what you need, really.

The "hack" is necessary if you want to store ip address configuration
in xen config file. Personally, I think a more elegant solution would
be just to setup a DHCP server with static allocation (for example,
using freeradius which can store DHCP allocation in a database, or
whatever you're comfortable with), plus some additional iptables rules
so that the client can only use that particular IP address.

--
Fajar