Re: [Xen-users] xend fails to load

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:06:56 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:07:57 +0000

El 06/03/12 06:54, Jimmy Cullen escribió:
I have a problem with my xen dom0 which I believe is related to
installing VMWare Workstation, which has caused dom0 to no longer load
xen.
Your Dom0 looks to have booted fine. What do you mean by "no longer load xen"?

Can anyone suggest how I can do a reinstall of xen so I have a working
server once more?
Check your boot loader, if it still loads xen-???.gz and the actual Dom0's kernel as it's module, or it loads the kernel directly.
Ask Xen hypervisor for feedback from booted DomU, "xm list", for example.

Not familiar with, what is "VMWare Workstation" from host's OS point of view? A application? An alternative OS?

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov