Re: [Xen-users] Host does not support virtualization type 'xen'

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Su Zhang <westlifezs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
>  I successfully installed and run xen (xm list and xm info can output
> appropriately).
>  However, while I was installing domU image by using virt-install -p at domU
> OS. I encountered an
> error information" Host does not support virtualization type 'xen' ".

It's libvirt problem. Not part of xen software.

> I built xen from source. Some of my friends have the same issue, but if they
> use pre-build xen, the issue will go away.

Smart move. If you don't know how to make it work, better stick with
tested, distro-provided version.

> However, I want to insist in using my version of xen (build from source).

Then do some research and testing to find out what's needed to make it work.

> Does anyone can give any hint about this error?

Probably start from here:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/RHEL6_Xen4_Tutorial#Using_libvirt_and_virt-manager_with_Xen

--
Fajar