[Xen-users] Using qemu-dm in snapshot mode with HVM guest

Hi all,
I've been trying to get Xen to run an HVM guest utilizing qemu-dm's snapshot mode. I'm using Xen 4.1.2 and the example config file in /etc/xen/xmexample.hvm has a setting that says:

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  write to temporary files instead of disk image files
#snapshot=1

When I create my VM with that flag enabled in the config file Xen doesn't actually pass that flag to qemu-dm and consequently the VM is not in snapshot mode - changes I made were written to the disk image. Has anyone ever used that feature? Any help would be appreciated!

My config file is:
arch = 32
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 128
shadow_memory = 16
name = "xp-sp2"
vif = [ 'type=ioemu,bridge=xenbr0,model=pcnet' ]
disk = [ 'file:/vms/xp-sp2.img,hda,w' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
snapshot=1
boot="c"
acpi = 1
apic = 1