Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] XCP 1.5 Beta Create Local SR

  From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@seakr">Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:47:10 -0700

  I installed XCP 1.5 Beta, and it partitioned by HD
  correctly but did not actually create a local SR.  The
  creation of a local SR through the "xe" command is
  sufficiently complicated enough that I'm not confident
  about doing it - could someone post the list of steps (or
  a link to a document that outlines how) to create an SR
  using a local disk volume?

Here's what I puzzled out for XCP 1.1 by looking at the
default sr's params; I found the device id (for the whole
disk) and used it in the sr-create command:

cat /proc/partitions ->

major minor  #blocks  name

   8        0 1953514584 sda
   [...]

ls -l /dev/disk/by-id ->

total 0
[...]
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Aug 11 16:21 scsi-35000c50033e2ff7f -> ../../sda
[...]

xe sr-create name-label="Local storage slow 01" type=lvm content-type=user
shared=false device-config:device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-35000c50033e2ff7f

The only significant difference in the sr params compared to
the original automatically created on installation "Local
storage" sr was this, which was in the default but not in the
one I created:

  other-config (MRW): i18n-original-value-name_label: Local storage; i18n-key:
local-storage

- Harold