Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Xen domU Timekeeping

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Florian Heigl wrote:

> 2012/2/16 Qrux <qrux.qed@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Thanks, Ian and Konrad, for your responses.  More questions inline...
>
> This is really interesting. Unfortunately I still don't fully
> understand how things are supposed to work in a pvops domU.

Florian, thanks for the response and interesting new questions.  I was able to
answer a lot of my own questions regarding these specific issues (and, ATM,
I've stopped caring about time accuracy, especially via NTP on domUs).  I've
pinpointed my "ext4 problem" to a problem that occurs deeper in the system
(that is related to time, but not at the userland level).

The message id is:

        A4D2CFC5-7B9D-4EBD-BDBC-58D6B35FCF6C@xxxxxxxxx

and the new subject is:

        Re: [Xen-devel] Xen domU Timekeeping (a.k.a TSC/HPET issues)

and I posted to xen-devel, sometime this morning (around 10am UTC).  It
seems...more complex now.  While I am interested in the interaction of NTP with
a pvops domU/dom0, I care much more that my domU won't even boot under certain
circumstances.  :)