Re: [Xen-users] Announcing XenMaster

2012/2/12 Linus van Geuns <linus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> @XenMaster: I would have expected any current Xen management
> front-end/framework to make use of and help advaince the libvirt
> project.

IMHO it's a little much to expect *every* current software will make
use of libvirt?
I figure 90% of Xen (and other hypervisor) management tools use
libvirt, and that is a quite reasonable amount. It totally makes sense
for tools that aim to manage multiple types of hypervisors or multiple
types of storage.
For a XCP frontend it makes not much sense to base it libvirt since
the direct XAPI access is more suited to manage SRs and other
specialties and XCP does already abstract all of those.
Managing multiple hypervisors is a great feature if you're developing
stuff (or for system integration like I do); but for real-world
running virtual machines that are used by end-users? I don't see the
point.
The admins will use ONE hypervisor on ONE type of OS (XCP) with ONE
management tool.

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and