Re: [Xen-users] PVUSB - how to?

> ????????????!
> ? ???????????, ????????????? ?????? 2012 ????, ? 15:05:25 ?? ??????:
>
>  JH> It looks like you are testing without the debug build of the drivers.
>  JH> With log throttling turned off you should be able to run the debug  JH>
> build without too much slowing down.
>
>  JH> If you can do that and just try adding the first usb device (the  JH>
> wireless HID should be fine) then shut down and send me the logfile  JH> I'll
> have a look at it.
>
> In an attachment, the log
> Interesting fact: in debug mode, HID working properly, but very slowly

Hmmm... logging is very expensive in terms of CPU power (basically a VMEXIT +
work by qemu for every character output to the logs.) This would work to slow
down the processing in the usb driver immensely so maybe I have a race or
something in the code.

How many vcpu's do you have in your config? If more than 1, please change it to
1 and try again (without debug) and see what happens.

>  JH> Can you then start up again and add the mouse? I have definitely had
> JH> the mouse working properly before but maybe the wireless HID device
> JH> crashed it preventing adding the second device from working.
>
>  JH> I've basically only implemented the USB functions I've been able to  JH>
> test - there are lots more functions probably missing but they should  JH> be
> easy enough to add.
>
> How about usb flash drive and usb sound (as Elan USB Phone)?

I'm not implementing ISOC functions. So any audio or video device probably
won't work. I need to do a bit of reading about those though.

A question about your logs - the first one shows a crash at the end... was this
after shutdown? I think I might have a bug in the cancellation code...

James