Re: [Xen-users] xl and vifname

Hi,

2011/12/17  <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> While using xen 4.1-testing.hg (r23202) I noticed that the 'vifname'
> config value is not handled by xl, but is handled by xm. Is there a
> workaround or patch for this? My firewall and scripts depend on static
> vifnames.

xl does not support vifname as of now.
Except for one type of HVM domU, where it does support vifname.

You might want to communicate to xen-devel that you rely on it and all that.

I also think I need vifname support - it's unbearable to work without
vifnames if you run a setup with potentially many 100 vifs + vlans +
brides + bonds.
(I guess thats how the whole UUID disaster in XenServer happened)

I said "think I need" because I DO rely on them, but maybe something
happens that makes me suddenly understand that it's better to script
against some API to get the information reliably without any problem
by changing domIDs and always being up-to-date.
Oh wait, that would be like setting vifname and just looking at the
ifconfig output :)

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and