[Xen-users] Hardware Compatibility

  • To: "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:07:24 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:08:49 -0700

I would like to find a motherboard that will run Linux and Windows as guest OSs.  The box will be my workstation.  I want VMs to isolate experiments, manage alternate builds of software systems, and run some light weight, parallel apps that require two different OSs.  I would like to be able to run multiple monitors although I don't know if there is a need to isolate monitors, and I think I would like to put some of the more used VM images on a separate SSDs.  I will probably need two or more network connections.

I would like to hear from the group here as I am sure they have significant experience.

I have attempted to contact motherboard suppliers but they do not take phone calls and have not returned any emails; similarly, I have tried the retail outlets and they don't know what I am talking about.  I have researched many on-line sources but I am finding that a lot of this info is old and no longer valid.

I am really looking forward to hearing advice.

Thanks,
ray