[Xen-users] Xen 4.1 and 3.0 kernel CPU performance

Hello all,

I have been running different benchmarks on paravirtualized domU. I have run into strange performance drops with CPU intesive benchmarks (64-bit BurnInSSE & 64-bit Linpack test).

With Linpack test the performance of Xen is 90% of hardware where KVM is only about 1-2% worse than hardware. This is something new to me as I am used to better performance with older Xen versions.

I have a Dell R410 with two Xeon E5520 processors and I am running Ubuntu Lucid on both domU and dom0. The Xen settings are pretty much default, though I did try varying credit scheduler weights without any success.

Has anybody else noticed the same or have I just forgot something essential from my kernel?

Best regards,
Jukka Kommeri