Re: Re : [Xen-users] General questions about VGA passthrough

2011/10/12 Francesco Cat <heartcollector87@xxxxxxxxx>
> What would happen if one did that with a VGA device?
> For example, if I am using linux with an active X server, what is likely to happen?
> In short, would it be possible to "switch" the control of the video card from the Dom0 to the DomU, keeping the Dom0 "alive"
> (IE: no crashes), then giving the VGA control back to the Dom0 after stopping the guest?

Giving control back to dom0 is not possible...Once you stop the domU (safe shutdown), you need to restart the dom0

Another question, this time it should be rather easy.
If I have 2 VGAs, and I manage to pass one to the DomU (Secondary adapter passthrough should be doable for Xen >= 4.0 right? but that's not important) can I still use a VNC connection to the DomU? I hope the answer is yes, but I prefere asking since something strange might get in the way and cause problems perhaps.