Re: [Xen-users] The script hotplugpath.sh ismissingin/etc/xen/scripts

-----Original message-----
From: Paul Muster paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:29:37 -0500
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] The script hotplugpath.sh ismissing
in/etc/xen/scripts

> On 13.10.2011 01:52, Barry Kolts wrote:
>
> > What I did, following the instructions on the last page
> > Paul referred to, is add "deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main" to
> > my /etc/apt/sources.list (without the quotes) then did;
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get install xen-utils-common
> > You will have to be root to do this.
>
> I don't know if this (adding the above line to sources.list) is a good
> idea. Do you know/use APT-Pinning? Or do you have "default-release" set
> in /etc/apt/preferences?
>
> What shows
>
> # apt-get upgrade -s
>
> ? Will it upgrade your complete system to Sid?
>
> > PS sorry Paul I meant to send this to the list.
>
> No problem. :-)
>

> Greetings
>
> Paul

Paul,

You are absolutely right! I used # apt-get upgrade -s and discovered it would
update a hundred or more packages
to sid unstable, so I commented the line out in /etc/apt/sources.list.
No I don't no how to use apt-pinning but it is now on my list of things to
learn :)

I had also hoped that the upgraded xen-utils-common would fix the problem I'm
having with domu not seeing any disks, but it didn't.

Barry