Re: [Xen-users] Re: XEN - networking and performance

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 The product I recall was a true ram disk - with effectively zero seek times regardless of working set size.

The one I recall was also a) not that large, and b) eye wateringly expensive though.
I suspect such things exist for those that need the performance and will pay for them.

Sounds like Fusion-IO, perhaps?  By far the fastest but most expensive per/GB that I've heard of, anyhow.

"IBM’s project Quicksilver, based on Fusion-io technology, showed that solid-state technology in 2008 could deliver the fastest performance of its time: 1 million IOPS."

Mark