Re: [Xen-users] How to obtain a stable Dom0 kernel with pciback.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:26:30PM +1200, Matthew Hook wrote:
>    Hi,
>    What is the easiest way of obtaining a stable pvops dom0 kernel that has
>    the pciback module in it?
>    Last time I did this I download a git tree by following a tutorial but
>    found the process isn't repeatable.
>    i.e. I repeated the tutorial but have a different kernel version than
>    before (and missing pciback).
>    I originally followed "Downloading the git tree"
>    from [1]http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.
>    What I don't like about this method is that for general users you're
>    downloading 800+MB's of sources.
>    It'd be great if I could repeatably get the version I want without
>    downloading the git tree.
>    The kernel source from one revision is much smaller than that.  How do I
>    go about just getting the one version I want to build with the pciback
>    module?

Upcoming upstream Linux 3.1 will include xen-pciback driver.

options until that:
- download git tree/branch on your buildserver and just copy the binaries to
other servers.
- or download the git branch and create a xen diff (patch) against vanilla
kernel, and copy only the patch to other servers.
- use some kernel that's shipped as binary with pciback included.

-- Pasi