Re: [Xen-users] Windows PV driver live-migration support

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Keith Coleman <list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM, James Harper
> <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Charlie,
>>>
>>> There are reports of recent gplpv drivers supporting live migration on
>>> old xen versions. Some changes in xen 3.4 broke gplpv live
>>> migration/restore functionality. There is a workaround but it has not
>>> been applied.
>>>
>>> More info:
>>>
>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-10/msg00978.html
>>>
>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-09/msg01095.html
>>>

>> I just put in a very crude version of that workaround... I'll upload it
>> if anyone can give it a bit more testing.
>>
>> James
>>

> James,
>
> Thank you for working on this issue. Restore is still failing for me.
> I will mail details and logs in the morning.
>

> Keith Coleman

I have attached log files. Here are the details of my setup:
 xen 3.4.1
 dom0: official xen 2.6.18
 domU: fresh install of win2003 ent 32bit sp2 with gplpv_2003x32_0.10.0.138.msi

 a2:~# xm create win2-hvm
 Using config file "/etc/xen/win2-hvm".
 Started domain win2 (id=140)
 a2:~# xentop -d1
 a2:~# xm save win2 win2.save
 a2:~# xm restore win2.save
 Error: /usr/lib64/xen/bin/xc_restore 4 142 2 3 1 1 1 failed
 Usage: xm restore <CheckpointFile> [-p]

 Restore a domain from a saved state.
   -p, --paused                   Do not unpause domain after restoring it

 a2:~#

Let me know if you need more information or have something else for me to test.

Keith Coleman