Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV driver problems with Win2k8-R2

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:52:32AM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM,  <cluster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > after installing the driver ( I used the Vista-2008-Debug version) and
> > rebooting, the system presents me an interface for recovering the OS using
> > an image.
>
> Hehehe. I thought I was the only one :D
> First of all, there seems to be some change in r2 compared to win2008
> so that pressing F8 by default does not display "safe mode" or
> "disable driver signature enforcement". You need one of them. Safe
> mode would disable GPLPV, while disabling driver signature will allow
> GPLPV to work. I don't know how to get it when it's already in your
> state. Maybe others can help you.
>
> When installing GPLPV on a fresh installation, you need to disable
> driver signature enforcement. One way to do it is with dseo
> (http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo). You need to do this BEFORE
> installing GPLPV.
>
> Another way to do it is to first add another entry to windows 2008
> boot menu so that while displaying the boot menu you'd have the chance
> to press F8 and disable driver signature enforcement manually. See
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/Installing (search
> for bcdedit), but use "NOGPLV" instead of "GPLPV".

Just to be clear about this:

- Disable the driver signature enforcement using any of the methods
- Reboot _before_ installing GPLPV. This is important step.
- Install GPLPV only after you have first rebooted the guest.
- Don't reboot before all the GPLPV drivers are installed and devices
  detected. You might need to rescan the hardware from device manager to
  make that happen.
- Reboot the guest only when GPLPV is fully installed.

-- Pasi