Re: [Xen-users] hardware recommendations please

Am 16.10.2009 13:00, schrieb Chris Fanning:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to by a server that will run Xen. DomU's a mostly linux but
> possibly windows.
> I'd like to make sure I buy 'working' hardware.
>
> My suplier wants to sell me an ASUS P6T mother board and an Intel Core
> i7 -920 proccesor.
> On the list I see some post about toubles with the P6T.
After reading across this thread, I would to add my five cents.
If you really like to have a Server, then you should take a serious look
at Sun X86 hardware, for example the X4170 would be a great peace of
hardware for running xen as server virtualisation. Even more for remote
usage.

Florian