Re: [Xen-users] maximum domU performance

  • To: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:03:57 -0700
  • Cc: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, Zu <zuzhihui@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen User-List <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:04:42 -0700

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

This clarifies a lot, thanks Jeff.
I'm not intentionally being thick, but I want to cover all possibilities :-)
To extrapolate from that, if I wanted to avoid having dom0 competing
for a core, I would have to pass through any devices the domU needed
to access, or have hardware that supports sr-iov?

Just for the sake of argument, if I could eliminate all hardware
proxying requirements of the dom0, would a domU be able to hold on to
all the cores, or would the dom0 or  hypervisor still periodically
"steal" a core?

-Bruce