Re: [Xen-users] HVM with stub domains fails at startup: ERROR Internal error: Could not open grant table interface (22 = Invalid argument)

Martin,

1. start fs-backend in the background (as user root)
/usr/sbin/fs-backend
2. start VM with xm create -c hvm_stub.conf
3. error logs on command line, both DomUs are listed by xm, but stay with 0 CPU time

I have seen a similar problem here, running the latest pv_ops and xen-unstable. In my case, I am trying to run Windows Server x64 HVM and stubdom messages print to /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-testvds-dm.log:

domid: 101
Warning: vlan 0 is not connected to host network
Watching /local/domain/0/device-model/101/logdirty/cmd
Watching /local/domain/0/device-model/101/command
char device redirected to /dev/pts/10
char device redirected to /dev/pts/11
/usr/src/xen-unstable.hg/tools/ioemu-dir/hw/xen_blktap.c:628: Init blktap pipes ERROR Internal error: Could not open grant table interface (22 = Invalid argument)
xen be core: xen be core: can't open gnttab device
can't open gnttab device
ERROR Internal error: Could not open grant table interface (22 = Invalid argument)
xen be core: xen be core: can't open gnttab device
can't open gnttab device
Log-dirty: no command yet.

Maybe we're doing the same thing wrong here?

Have you tried with a LVM or file: backing store? Do normal HVM and PV domains work properly for you?

-John