Re: [Xen-users] iscsi initiator on PV DomU problem

2009/3/9 Longina Przybyszewska <longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> If this is an empty (new) disk I believe you can simply use fdisk to
>> delete the first partition and create another one.
>
> Thanks, that's it!
> Can you explain, why Windows could be immune about the messed up partition
> table on disk?

I'm not sure.

Here's a possibility: a long time ago there was an option in the BIOS
where you could change a disk's CHS mapping, basically doubling the
number of heads so that the number of cylinders can be halved. Maybe
Windows is doing a similar thing, doubling your target's cylinder so
that the partition table made sense.

Another possiblity (most likely) is that when windows sees a partition
beyond the end of disk it simply ignores it.

Regards,

Fajar