Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: cleanup of tlbflush

Le Mercredi 10 Mai 2006 10:30, Tian, Kevin a écrit :
> [...]
[By trashing I mean slowing down].
The current common code calls flush_tlb_mask after ungranting a page.
On xen/ia64, flush_tlb_mask should flush the tlb and the vhpt, which means
clearing 16MB per vcpu.  This is quiet high.
Unfortunatly, flushing is required for correctness.  The current Isaku
work-around is to reduce VHPT size (64Kb).  But even with a small size,
flushing tlb requires an IPI when SMP-g, which is quiet slow.

Tristan.