Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] Reseve memory of domain0 (fix dom0 boot panic)

Hi.

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:03:00PM +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:

> >Why does the region need reservation?
> >dom0/initrd images are copied by construct_dom0().
> >The dom0/initrd regions must not be used before contruct_dom0(),
> >but they can be used after construct_dom0().
> Yes, dom0/inird images are copied by construct_dom0().
> But the region is clean up by init_virtual_frametable()
> before construct_dom0 is called.
> So the region need reservation.

You only explained the region shouldn't have been used until the copy
by construct_dom0().
Why do you waste memory of the regions?
The reservation can be accepted as a temporal work around.
But it isn't right.

> >The above change is wrong. Please backout or fix somehow.
> >With P=M model it works but it isn't right. It breaks the P2M/VP patches.
> >Please see construct_dom0().
> I attach a patch which fix the above bug.
> Am I correct?

It looks correct with respect to bp->initrd_start.

--
yamahata