RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: how to put kernel module in xen/ipf

> 1.       This kernel module is not running within Xen, but a standalone
> module running in Dom0.

OK, I understand now.  I was confused because the email thread
didn't mention xenlinux so I thought it was a patch for Xen.

> 3.       We haven¡¯t found a good place to contain these files. So
> temporarily put under xen/arch/ia64.
> Then do you have any good suggestion for the place? We¡¯d like to hear
> that.

I have been keeping a separate tree for paravirtualized xenlinux
and non-VTI work on multiple domains has been going into that tree.
When we have something working and can specify a patch that
uses asm-specific headers to differentiate between common and
arch-dep, we should submit the changes to Keir for the main
xeno-unstable tree.  However, per a discussion on xen-devel
a month ago, Chris Wright is working on restructuring the
xeno-unstable.bk/xenlinux tree, so it is probably best to
just maintain the changes separately until the restructuring
is done.

It might make sense to have a public VTI-xenlinux tree, but until
the Xen team decides what source code management tool we will
all be using, it is probably not a good idea to create another
bk tree.

In any case, I don't think the changed files belong in
xeno-xxx.bk/xen/arch/ia64 if they are not linked into
the Xen/ia64 hypervisor.

Thanks,
Dan