[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [Patch] Add uaccess utility for VTI

> OK, now back to XEN/ia64(VTI), we implement Xen in different
> address space as Xen/x86(VTx). That means, Xen resides with
> different rid as guest, which makes all guest TLB entries
> useless for direct access then. The only way is to search
> vTLB and then use __va() style to access if hit. That's why
> you see our version of copy_from/to_user not like its initial intent.

So Xen/ia64(VTI) uses eight different region registers?  I
assume the hardware automatically switches the region registers
at vm_entry and vm_exit (much like bank0/bank1 r16-r31 are switched)?
Is it possible to tell the hardware to NOT switch rr0-rr6?

Thanks,
Dan