RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] New changes inxen-ia64.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable-ia64.bk (CONFIG_VTI known broken!)

  • To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:01:09 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:01:24 +0000

> >I just pushed some changesets to xen-ia64.bkbits.net and
> >merged in latest xeno-unstable.bk.  Some of the changesets
> >break CONFIG_VTI... since I can't run test them, I thought
> >I better not fix the compile-time problems as they may
> >hide a runtime problem which would be harder to track
> >down than if the compile fixes and runtime testing are
> >done by the same person.
> >

> Thanks for keeping slot. Attached patch fixes the compilation
> issue and
> also validated working on hardware. Please apply.

Thanks... I'm glad it was so easy.

> Also please apply the patch that Fred sent out some while ago, which
> promises CONFIG_VTI working properly again on box. :)

It looks like this patch got separately submitted to Keir
as it got put directly into xeno-unstable.bk last night.
It appears not to cause any unexpected runtime regressions in
non-VTI.

Dan

P.S. Forgot to cc xen-ia64-devel on this...