[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Newcomer looking for a small first task


  • To: r4ahim <mer.r4him@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Precious <andrewprecious388@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2026 12:43:12 +0300
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; h=cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:dkim-signature; bh=quhIV9GdtVDmTI8LUlH7i1DV+qV5VNc2ufrP6HZ3T1o=; fh=qQgayo031e06I1GDNrttdYn1vRpwjnfh4+F1VTvCGjg=; b=pN+pASFSLJtZ8a405ghQQG9wbB9v5jPrIcAzxAcBxFRMgEJTGC6vJsLBqU4EGP0Sb7 dW166leazqQHqTNT8KudBuKVXLTxj1pw62SGSWY5bZC3Jf69gTv1D7qaHmhvrpzHd1ha +uPdTpdevPVEInP+rQg0ltk26pgKtjoa9cSSy58wAFhJ4icGPFKgPuDGDsw8m1+Kz6jA wPdvJqRYLUYaFUeYka8apbraetBcyi19Go8X6Wklba4IuG0N3A1HygTUF6UK7ohyZQqp tKDEohtY2vKH6FyLdi6Wnqd1OSY3AOZtl+BYBx6tRIprwomMD3GEF06ag44hOPpkhYfK ziXg==; darn=lists.xenproject.org
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1791193406; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=oG94yUMeYtM1nn4SL3UKA8T/WlM8SefYoeCcT0f7piWFKROfTqB1gD+hWVzkOnDGWg egiE1Kyw+haA2aQSDqWR7lthFjH/0PuJukt22hc3VTkP0wqQZpQ0wfT6ZJcnhZXydfUb 00U/RrYnuQZrVbZiuZUjyVuY0I+rno4iWhyoO9QFTRl6BgzMX320UCZCfuY85JrFSxT/ CHmExjsv8Q18e5lwgJ07aXk9BafXp93xQs1H85IrPkIew+u1Kn0d0wyuwxtuCy/pzZp4 u60XY6T3E/vfxYusdZBoecyuIsWzt+E1KSoKxnAyEemZAIqMkGJEeIhBoBYRNahAi58D WUGg==
  • Authentication-results: eu.smtp.expurgate.cloud; dkim=pass header.s=20251104 header.d=gmail.com header.i="@gmail.com" header.h="Content-Type:Cc:To:Subject:Message-ID:Date:From:In-Reply-To:References:MIME-Version"
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Oct 2026 09:43:34 +0000
  • List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xenproject.org>

One of the ways I find what to work on is search through the code comments by doing a grep scan(example that searches the tools/ & excludes qemu/) - $ grep -rnI --exclude-dir=qemu* "TODO" tools/

For misra rules violation as per(docs/misra/xen-static-analysis.rst) - $ xen/xen/scripts/xen-analysis.py --run-cppcheck --cppcheck-misra --cppcheck-html -- -j$(nproc)

A html report then gets generated in the directory(/xen/xen/cppcheck-htmlreport)

As for documentation updates there is on-going work to convert relevant pages from the Wiki to .rst format for the new Xen handbook
- Contributor handbook - https://handbook.xenproject.org/contribution-guidelines.html
- Gitlab handbook - https://gitlab.com/xen-project/websites/handbook - Once youve made relevant changes you can submit a merge request.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2026 at 1:27 PM r4ahim <mer.r4him@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Xen, running it under QEMU (Xen builds and Dom0
boots). I'm preparing my first patch and I'm most interested in
PCI passthrough, vPCI and the IOMMU, but I'm happy to start
anywhere.

Is there a small unclaimed item (a MISRA violation, docs fix or
XTF test) that I could take?

Thanks,
Abderrahim Meriah


 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.