|
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] Re: [PATCH v10 0/4] x86/pvh: fix unbootable VMs again (PVH + KASAN)
On 2026-09-22 22:12, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 07:13:35PM -0300, Mauricio Faria de Oliveira wrote: >> I think that is fine, yes. Even though it's a boot failure, actually >> hitting it depends on all of: CONFIG_KASAN, CONFIG_PVH, booting from the >> PVH entry point, _plus_ a compiler version that triggers it. >> >> Nonetheless, this may be picked up for stable due to the Fixes: tags, >> but I can provide backports as needed. > > Right, just consider all the bandwidth of the folks involved downstream: > stable team and all distros backporting stuff every day. This sounds like an > exotic thing so let's be conservative here pls. Absolutely. I worked for a long time with distro kernels and backporting. I just mentioned that it is possible for this to be picked up, and that if it is, then I can help with it if needed; not pushing. :) >> BTW, I just realized that the title of patch 4/4 is missing memset(). >> Would you mind adding it, please? Or I can send v11. >> -x86/cpuid: fix unbootable VMs by really inlining memcmp() in >> cpuid_base_hypervisor() and xen_prepare_pvh() >> +x86/cpuid: fix unbootable VMs by really inlining memcmp() and memset() >> in cpuid_base_hypervisor() and xen_prepare_pvh() > > Sure, np. Thanks! > > Thx. -- Mauricio
|
![]() |
Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our |