[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Zen5 runner access


  • To: dmukhin@xxxxxxxx
  • From: Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 22:48:58 +0200
  • Authentication-results: eu.smtp.expurgate.cloud; dkim=pass header.s=fm1 header.d=invisiblethingslab.com header.i="@invisiblethingslab.com" header.h="Cc:Content-Type:Date:From:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:MIME-Version:References:Subject:To"; dkim=pass header.s=fm1 header.d=messagingengine.com header.i="@messagingengine.com" header.h="Cc:Content-Type:Date:Feedback-ID:From:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:MIME-Version:References:Subject:To:X-ME-Proxy:X-ME-Sender"
  • Cc: Denis Mukhin <dmukhin@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 20:49:14 +0000
  • Feedback-id: i1568416f:Fastmail
  • List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xenproject.org>

On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 01:29:22PM -0700, dmukhin@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Marek!
> 
> Thanks for help!
> 
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 01:58:20PM +0200, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 
> > After some debugging, the AMD Zen5 gitlab runner seems to be working
> > now. You can add it to your repo by going to
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dmukhin/xen/-/settings/ci_cd
> > Runners -> Other available project runners and add hal9021 to your repo.
> > This relies on temporary access I granted you, so you need to click it
> > in the next two weeks.
> 
> I have added the runner to the project, it shows up in
> 
>   Runners -> Available project runners
> 
> > 
> > Then grab top commit from
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/marmarek/xen/-/commits/automation-hw21
> > that actually defines some jobs on it - edit it to your liking to run
> > tests you want there.
> > 
> > And then, you can also select which jobs to run while pushing stuff to
> > gitlab, for example like this:
> > 
> > git push gitlab -o 
> > ci.variable=SELECTED_JOBS_ONLY="/zen5-.*|alpine-3.24-x86_64-gcc-debug/"
> 
> I picked up new zen5 jobs, but looks like I need some other permissions
> as I cannot schedule on any hardware runner.
> 
> All jobs are deployed on qemu runners only for my gitlab account.

Ah, gitlab config specifies it's enabled only on protected branches. You
can either mark relevant branch as protected (if going this way, I'd
recommend still allowing force-push), or edit
automation/gitlab-ci/test.yaml to remove
`$CI_COMMIT_REF_PROTECTED == "true"` part.

-- 
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature


 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.