Re: Updated Xen 4.19 schedule

On Wed, 2024-05-29 at 10:19 +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 29.05.2024 10:03, Oleksii K. wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I would like to announce that I have decided to update the Xen 4.19
> > schedule due to the extended feature freeze period and the upcoming
> > Xen
> > Summit next week.
> >
> > I propose the following updates:
> >    Code Freeze: from May 31 to June 7
>
> This is almost fully the week of the summit. With ...
>
> >    Hard Code Freeze: from June 21 to June 28
>
> ... this, did you perhaps mean May 31 to June 20 there?
>
> >    Final commits: from July 5 to July 12
>
> Somewhat similarly, what's between June 28 and July 5?
It should be RCx ( IIUC how it was done previously ) +  bugfixes for
serious bugs (including regressions), and probably low-risk fixes only

Let me share the updated schedule as I made incorrect calculations:

Code Freeze: Fri, June 14 (+2 weeks from Feature Freeze, considering
the week of the summit)

Hard Freeze: Fri, June 28 (+2 weeks from Code Freeze, usually it is +3
weeks, but I think we can go with +2 and extend ( to 3 weeks ) if
necessary)

Final Commits: Fri, July 12 (+2 weeks from Hard Freeze)
Release: Wed, July 17

~ Oleksii