Re: Code freeze date for Xen 4.19 is 31.05.2024

On Mon, 2024-05-27 at 17:12 +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 27.05.2024 15:58, Oleksii K. wrote:
> > I would like to remind you that the code freeze date for Xen 4.19
> > is
> > May 31, 2024.
>
> I may be confused: With feature freeze having been last Friday aiui,
> isn't
> this a little too short a period? I was actually expecting a longer-
> than-
> normal one to account for the Xen Summit week.
It makes sense to move the last day to June 14. Consequently, we would
need to adjust the schedule as follows:

Hard Code Freeze: from June 21 to June 28
Final commits: from July 5 to July 12
Release: July 17

And this schedule also looks good to me.

However, another option is to combine the Code Freeze and Hard Code
Freeze periods since both phases are about accepting only bug fixes,
differing only in the severity of the fixes.

Thoughts?

~ Oleksii