Re: We are not able to virtualize FreeBSD using xen 4.17 on Arm 32 bit

@Chuck Zmudzinski : Stay tuned. They want to help us. The xen developers are great. Very good support for us. I'm sure that you can give a good contribution to understand what's our problem and how to implement a fix with the help of all those good guys.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 11:56 AM Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 10:28:13AM +0000, Henry Wang wrote:
> +(xen-devel and Arm maintainers, including Julien)
>
> > On Nov 27, 2023, at 18:03, Mario Marietto <marietto2008@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hello.  We have just virtualized Debian 12 on our arm (32 bit)
> > Chromebook model xe303c12 . As host / dom0 we have chosen Devuan
> > 5,and for guest / domU,Debian 12. It works great. But our goal is
> > different. We want to virtualize FreeBSD as domU. Can we have a
> > working Xen PV network driver for a FreeBSD arm guest ?. I found
> > that Julien Grall has ported the Xen drivers to FreeBSD on arm. I
> > would like to know if Julien's work was accepted upstream by
> > FreeBSD, in which case FreeBSD as a Xen guest on arm should work
> > if we enable the Xen PV drivers in the FreeBSD on arm kernel. If
> > Julien's work was not accepted upstream by FreeBSD, we will have
> > to find his patches and apply them ourselves to the FreeBSD on arm
> > kernel.

I've added Elliot on Cc as he is working on upstreaming the patches to
FreeBSD.  He will be able to provide a better update than myself.

Regards, Roger.

--
Mario.