Re: Remaining violations of MISRA Rule 7.4

On 2023-11-21 00:08, Andrew Cooper wrote:
On 20/11/2023 4:40 pm, Nicola Vetrini wrote:
I've just rebased and pushed the residual from the past work (although I
missed the ARM EFI fix.)

https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/andrewcoop/xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=0f06bab762f5201f3e00aaaee704c3c01f516b51

https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/andyhhp/xen/-/pipelines/1065699873

I'm going to make a firm request that we fix this by activating
-Wwrite-strings Xen wide, because that's by far and away the best way to
stop regressions creeping back in.

In start_xen(), basically whatever goes.  All that's doing is processing
of one command line into another, and your version looks a bit neater
than mine.

The name.s cases (it's duplicated in x86 and ARM) are more tricky.  The
compiler warning can be silenced by swapping name.s for name.cs but I
have no idea whether Eclair can see through that piece of blatent lying.

~Andrew

Just to avoid any misunderstanding: do you have the intention of
evaluating and then perhaps integrate the fixes that at the moment
block the introduction of -Wwrite-strings and then respin your patch,
or should I do something specifically?

Hopefully you'll find
https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/20231120224912.1421916-1-andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#u
to your liking.

~Andrew

Definitely. Thank you for the effort you put on this.

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)