[BUG]SMMU-V3 queue need no-cache memory

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: sisyphean <sisyphean@zlw.email>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 10:04:26 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 05:11:24 +0000

Hi,

    I try to run XEN on my ARM board(Sorry, for some commercial reasons, I can't tell you     on which platform I run XEN)  and enable SMMU-V3, but all cmds in cmdq failed when XEN started.

    After using the debugger to track debugging, the reason for this problem is that     the queue in the smmu-v3 driver is not no-cache, so after the function arm_smmu_cmdq_build_cmd     is executed, the cmd is still in cache.Therefore, the SMMU-V3 hardware cannot obtain the correct cmd
    from the memory for execution.

    The temporary solution I use is to execute function clean_dcache every time cmd is copied to cmdq     in function queue_write. But it is obvious that this will seriously affect the efficiency.     I have not found the method of malloc no-cache memory in XEN. Is this method not implemented?

    The XEN version I am running is RELEASE-4.16.2.

    English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.

Cheers,

--
Sisyphean