Re: OS Headers hypercall.h/hypervisor.h

I dislike the adding yet more junk into the global namespace, so I had
opted for use of inline functions.  The approach of adding underscores
to globals though does generally work.

I took a look at the file arch/x86/include/asm/xen/hypercall.h in the
Linux kernel.  The only explicitly listed author is Keir A Fraser and
has the GPLv2 or MIT license like most of the Xen headers.

Clearly though there was a heavy rewrite by Jeremy Fitzhardinge at
e74359028d54.  Interestingly, the current header doesn't need much
adjustment to work for with Xen/ARM.  The registers have distinct names,
ARM doesn't clobber as many registers and the instruction for the
hypercall is different.  Yet since these are all isolated as distinct
macros, adding ARM support would be easy.

What I really need is advice for the direction the project of getting
FreeBSD operational on Xen/ARM should take.  Should I use
Stefano Stabellini's hypercall.S file?  Should I try to merge headers
together and share the main body of the hypercall.h header?

I like merging things due to less work in the long term, just I'm
concerned there is a trap waiting for me if I go this direction.

 \BS (    |         ehem+sigmsg@xxxxxxx  PGP 87145445         |    )   /
8A19\___\_|_/58D2 7E3D DDF4 7BA6 <-PGP-> 41D1 B375 37D0 8714\_|_/___/5445