Re: Null scheduler and vwfi native problem

On Fri, 2021-01-29 at 09:08 +0100, Anders Törnqvist wrote:
> On 1/26/21 11:31 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > Thanks again for letting us see these logs.
>
> Thanks for the attention to this :-)
>
> Any ideas for how to solve it?

So, you're up for testing patches, right?

How about applying these two, and letting me know what happens? :-D

They are on top of current staging. I can try to rebase on something
else, if it's easier for you to test.

Besides being attached, they're also available here:

https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dfaggioli/xen/-/tree/rcu-quiet-fix

I could not test them properly on ARM, as I don't have an ARM system
handy, so everything is possible really... just let me know.

It should at least build fine, AFAICT from here:

https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dfaggioli/xen/-/pipelines/249101213

Julien, back in:

 https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/315740e1-3591-0e11-923a-718e06c36445@xxxxxxx/

you said I should hook in enter_hypervisor_head(),
leave_hypervisor_tail(). Those functions are gone now and looking at
how the code changed, this is where I figured I should put the calls
(see the second patch). But feel free to educate me otherwise.

For x86 people that are listening... Do we have, in our beloved arch,
equally handy places (i.e., right before leaving Xen for a guest and
right after entering Xen from one), preferrably in a C file, and for
all guests... like it seems to be the case on ARM?

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli