[Xen-devel] Kdump doesn't work when running with xen on newer hardware

Hi,

we use SLES12 with kernel-default-4.12.14-95.45.1.x86_64 and
xen-4.11.3_02-2.20.1.x86_64

The dump kernel doesn't start after "echo c > /proc/sysrq_trigger".
Last messages on console are:
[  385.717532] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception
[  385.734565] Kernel Offset: disabled
(XEN) Hardware Dom0 crashed: Executing kexec image on cpu58
(XEN) Shot down all CPUs

After a short time a reboot is initiated.
Without xen the kdump works.

We see this behaviour only on newer hardware, for example a server with
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6242 CPU @ 2.80GHz

I built the fresh released xen-4.13 myself and tried it but this doesn't help.

I tried x2apic=off on the xen side and nox2apic on the linux side but no
success.

Any help would be very welcome.
Many thanks

Dietmar.