Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.14 Development Update

On 29.01.2020 13:36, Paul Durrant wrote:
> === x86 ===
>
> *  Intel Processor Trace virtualization enabling (v1)
>   -  Luwei Kang
>
> *  Linux stub domains (RFC v2)
>   -  Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
>
> *  Fixes to #DB injection
>   -  Andrew Cooper
>
> *  CPUID/MSR Xen/toolstack improvements
>   -  Andrew Cooper
>
> *  Improvements to domain_crash()
>   -  Andrew Cooper
>
> *  EIBRS
>   -  Andrew Cooper
>
> *  Xen ioreq server (v3)
>   -  Roger Pau Monne

Do you want to add "x86/HVM: implement memory read caching"
(https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-09/msg00976.html)
here? I think I now have something coming a little closer to
what Andrew wants. It has its own downsides, so there being a
v4 (after well over a year) doesn't mean this will get it any
closer to going in.

Do you also want to add the ongoing x86 insn emulator work
here? Some parts were posted, some parts are still in needed
of finding time to carry out, and some parts are still pretty
vague.

Jan