Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Integrate CoC, Governance, Security Policy and other key documents into sphinx docs

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> now that 4.13 is out of the way I wanted to get the CoC discussion closed -
> see
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-12/threads.html#00926,
>  which means I need ACKs or final suggestions. The next step would be to
> publish it on the website.
>
> However, I have also been thinking about keeping some documents in multiple
> places and defining a *master* copy somewhere in a tree. Right now, these are
> a few personal repos that I own, which seems unnecessary, given that we have
> the sphinx docs. In the interest of improving the docs, we also need more
> useful content in the docs to guide people to them.
>
> My proposal would be to move the master sources for a number of key process
> docs to xen.git:/docs maybe under a "Working with the Xen Project community"
> in a process-guide directory.
> This would then include content from
>http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/governance.git;a=summary
>http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/security-process.git;a=summary
>http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=summary
>
> and we could also consider including some of the wiki pages related to
> contribution workflow and re-direct the pages.
>
> We would need to answer some questions, such as
> a) Are we OK with these staying in markdown - I don’t mind converting

As it looks like we are standardizing on RST we might as well use it. I
expect very little conversions should be required from the dialect of
markdown we are currently using.

> b) Are we OK with some of the documents needing project wide agreement before
> they can be changed, specifically this would cover
> - governance.git
> - code-of-conduct.git:code-of-conduct.md
> - code-of-conduct.git:communication-guide.md

Yes, of course, as it is already the case today (although the docs are
not stored in xen.git)