Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream Dom0 DRM problems regarding swiotlb

>> > Ah, so this isn't necessarily Xen-specific but rather any paravirtual
>> > guest?  That hadn't crossed my mind.  Is there an easy way to find out
>> > if we're a pv guest in the need_swiotlb conditionals?
>>
>> There's xen_pv_domain(), but I think xen_swiotlb would be more to
>> the point if the check is already to be Xen-specific. There's no generic
>> "is PV" predicate that I'm aware of.
>
> Well, that makes doing conditional code right more difficult.  I
> assume since there isn't a generic predicate, and PV isn't new, that
> it's absence is by design?  To reign in the temptation to sprinkle
> conditional code all over the kernel?  ;-)

Well, with lguest gone, Xen is the only PV environment the kernel
can run in, afaik at least. I guess to decide between the suggested
options or the need for some abstracting macro (or yet something
else), you'll really need to ask the driver maintainers. Or simply
send a patch their way implementing one of them, and see what
their reaction is.

Jan