Re: [Xen-devel] RT Xen on ARM - R-Car series

Hello Julien,

On 01.02.19 12:51, Julien Grall wrote:
I don't consider polluting your log a real problem.
Unless the system becomes an insane typewriter :)

I don't consider it as a critical issue because of the type of guest we
currently support, so it is not in my queue for Xen 4.12 fixes.

Feel free to suggest it as a blocker if you think it is.
Well, for us the situation is as following: Renesas requested XEN 4.12 for the
next release of their virtualization package. And they employ KPTI enabled
kernel in the BSP.
That reveals another critical issue for us, in addition to Set/Way issue and
possible performance drops/irq latency raise due to specter mitigation measures.
I'm not sure if this is sufficient a justification to make it the release
blocker, but we are up to this stuff.

--
Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.