Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

Hi Stefano,

On 10/25/18 5:15 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Stefano,

On 10/24/18 1:24 AM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018, Milan Boberic wrote:
I don't have any other things to suggest right now. You should be able
to measure an overall 2.5us IRQ latency (if the interrupt rate is not
too high).

Is it number you measured on Xen 4.11 flavored Xilinx? Or are they coming from
the blog post [1] which is based on Xen 4.9?

If the latter, then I can't rule out we may have introduce a slowdown for good
or bad reason...

To rule out this possibility, I would recommend to try and reproduce the same
number on Xen 4.9 and then try with Xen 4.11.

Cheers,

[1] https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/03/20/xen-on-arm-interrupt-latency/

I was talking about the old numbers from Xen 4.9. You are right, we
cannot rule out the possibility that we introduced a slowdown.

Can you try to reproduce those number with your setup on Xen 4.11?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall