Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 128240: regressions - FAIL

>> > flight 128240 xen-unstable real [real]
>> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/128240/
>> >
>> > Regressions :-(
>> >
>> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
>> > including tests which could not be run:
>> >  test-amd64-amd64-migrupgrade 22 guest-migrate/src_host/dst_host fail
>> > REGR. vs.
> 128084
>>
>> At the first glance
>>
>> libxl: error: libxl_sched.c:232:sched_credit_domain_set: Domain 1:Getting
> domain sched credit: Invalid argument
>> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1275:domcreate_rebuild_done: Domain 1:cannot
> (re-)build domain: -3
>>
>> might indicate a problem resulting from the switch to credit2 as the default
>> scheduler. But "first glance" here really means what it says - I didn't look
>> (yet) at what exactly libxl tries to do there, in the hope that others may
>> know without much digging.
>
> I think this is due to toolstack trying to set the same scheduler
> parameters for the newly created guest.
>
> But in this test, the destination host is using a different scheduler
> from the source host. Asking for credit scheduler on a credit2 host is
> wrong.
>
> The relevant snippet in guest cfg (JSON) is:
>
>                 "sched_params": {
>                     "sched": "credit",
>                     "weight": 256,
>                     "cap": 0
>                 },
>
> I can't think of a method to fix it off the top of my head though.

So is this something that was specified in the original config? Or
is it just the current value which gets read and an attempt made
to re-install. If there was no explicit setting in the guest config,
shouldn't such a "default" setting be retained by not transferring
any scheduler specifics during migration?

Jan