Re: [Xen-devel] libvirtd hang on CentOS6 after latest updates

On 07/25/2018 10:17 AM, George Dunlap wrote:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/22/2018 04:03 PM, Karel Hendrych wrote:

Hi, I am seeing frequent libvirtd hangs (clients not responding) after
last CentOS6-Xen update :

xen-devel is not the best place to seek help with downstream issues,
particularly libvirt ones :-). You would have better luck contacting the
CentOS6 maintainers.

In this case, it looks very much like they're suing the Virt SIG
binaries, which are pretty close to being straight-up packing of the
upstream tarballs, and the maintainers would be Anthony & I.  And I at
least know very little about libvirt.  If Karel had posted this on
centos-devel, I would almost certainly have ended up asking him to
repost to xen-devel anyway, at which point I would have cc'd you. :-)

Heh, ok :-).

Does the error ring any bells?

The udev messages are 'debug' level (not fatal) and unrelated IMO. It would be best to attach gdb to the libvirtd process and get a backtrace of all threads.

Regards,
Jim